Dontyne Gears, with the help of Dontyne Systems, has collaborated on the development of gear systems to demonstrate the potential of Powder Metal (PM) as an alternative to deliver lighter weight and lower carbon production solutions to the automotive industry. PM is a more efficient way of production as it utilises over 90% of the material supplied. Its light weight makes it an important consideration in Electric Vehicle (EV) construction if considerations such as strength and part cost are appropriate. Dontyne designed a PM version of transmission for an EV for Höganäs of Sweden and, with the motor elements supplied by Alvier Mechatronics, was able to design the system, produce CAD models, animations, and manufacture a physical model to demonstrate the principles.
- Backlash Brewery sponsors Team Zac event in Prudhoe 11th March
- Dontyne participates in IMTEX 2022, Bengaluru, India, 20-26 January – Now postponed!
- Dontyne add Hypoid to bevel design and manufacture services ready for PRI
- Dontyne to attend Performance Racing Industry Show Indianapolis USA, December 9-11th
- Dontyne continues to support teaching and training through lockdown